TRUCK N TREAT
The first thing we did was go to the Fruita Truck N Treat that they hold every year. It is held a week before Halloween and you come dressed up and get to look at all sorts of large trucks - like tractors, dump trucks, fire truck, garbage truck, etc. and you get candy as well.
Sean dressed up this year as Bob the Builder and he loves trucks so we thought he would have fun this year. He was slow to warm up to the idea, but soon we couldn't keep him away from the trucks. He spent 15 minutes just on the fire truck! And he loved getting candy and would try to sneak some when he thought we weren't paying attention.
PUMPKIN CARVING
I thought Sean would enjoy the pumpkin carving so for the first time in our marriage (can you believe it), we carved a pumpkin. Steve got a template off the internet and carved it out after I gutted the pumpkin. Sean was fascinated by it and also loved all the pumpkins he saw while trick or treating.
Sean wanted to try some pumpkin so here is he (above) reaching in to get some. Below is his reaction. I think he liked it.
I think the pumpkin is a pretty good likeness of Steve - don't you think !? hahaha
TRICK OR TREAT
We decided to stay home, because Steve was sick. Even though he wanted to take Sean around, he stayed home and gave out candy with my dad. My Mom and I took Sean around the neighborhood. This was his first time trick or treating. I think he really had a good time. As we walked between houses, he was walking slowly and humming to himself (He never let me carry him once)!
Several houses were fun - one had a goblin on the door with eyes that glowed. I don't think Sean was afraid and as we left he kept telling all the kids coming that there was a monster at that house! I pretty much has to whisper every time to say trick or treat, which he would. One time I said, "What do you say?" He confidently said "I drive a truck!" It made the woman at the door laugh.
At another house they brought out a huge (fake) spider - about 2 feet tall) and Sean backed up really quickly. Grandma suggested that he should pet it so he said yes and cautiously approached it and went all the way around to the back of it and quickly pet it and ran back to me. And at yet another house, as the lady was putting candy into Sean bucket, he noticed that she had the candy DOTS in her bowl. He said excitedly, "You have DOTS!" over and over until she understood what he was saying and then gave him more candy - this time DOTS!! I guess we have to work on being more polite and accepting what you are given the first time!
Below - Sean is trick or treating to our house before ending the night. Grandpa O is the one giving him candy. He let grandpa put candy in his bucket and then he just walked right in.
Even though we missed the pumpkin patch and corn maze this year because of the cold, being busy and sickness, we still had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment