Saturday, July 17, 2010

40th Anniversary Celebration!

This year my parents celebrated their 40th anniversary! What a wonderful achievement! My siblings and I wanted to celebrate them this year by throwing them a surprise party. We started working on it several months ago and it all came together this July. Unfortunately, it wasn't a surprise (though we didn't know that until the night of the party). Some well intentioned friends accidentally let it slip! Mom and Dad received many cards of congratulations, along with sharing a night with friends, including one couple who also traveled from AZ just to celebrate my parents - that was a surprise!

Along with the party, we created a slide show of pictures over the years of Mom and Dad and our family - what fun that was to put together and travel down memory lane. I forgot my camera at the party, so I only have a couple pictures off my phone and what I received from my sister.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Thanks for the example to me over the years of what makes a marriage work! Love you both!


Mom and Dad's engagement picture 40 years ago!


Surprise! ---- well maybe not!


Dad with Tim and Suzie Becker and Pat Naughton (from AZ)


Mom with all the girls - Don't we look great!


The cake with Mom and Dad's original wedding colors


The happy couple after 40 years.

No comments: