Friday, November 11, 2011

One year older and wiser too....??

One thing that is not very common on this blog is an entry about me. I would rather focus on family events or my kids - besides, what is there to say about me?

Recently we traveled to Denver, and whenever we are in the car I have this funny desire to take "traveling in the car" pictures of everyone.  But that usually means there is not one of me as Steve does the driving.  This time, I turned the camera on me and tried to get a picture, but all that I got was this:


 I celebrated my birthday on the first and as an adult I find that birthdays are no big deal - you are just another year older - another year to find a new wrinkle.  I remembered the primary birthday song, "One year older and wiser too..." and it made me wonder, am I wiser this year too? Are these the eyes of a wise person? I hope so.  I hope that in the last year I have gained more wisdom, not just more fat and wrinkles (haha). I realize that this is a ongoing process to gain wisdom - so I'm O.K. if I am not 100% there yet. I still have a lot of life left!


1 comment:

Jocie said...

Great post Val! I hate my self portraits too. They don't ever look normal. I hope we are getting wiser. Some days I only feel more wrinkly.