
One day while heating something in the microwave, I realized a little too late, that the lid was not offset enough on the bowl and the lid started sealing to the bowl and basically the pressure was sucking the bowl (yes it was plastic) in on itself. I knew that I had to get the lid off quickly or it would explode and I knew it was very hot, so I was quickly trying to fix this without burning myself and I said,"Shoot, shoot". The next thing I hear is "Shoot, Shoot" from Sean standing right next to me. I realized that I had just taught him to say that and again without thinking I say Dang it (in response to teaching him something I didn't want to) and again I hear "dang it".
At that point I knew I was in trouble and I just didn't say anything more and I am sure that I was stifling a laugh. While it is so cute that he is mimicking, unfortunately when he says "Shoot" it doesn't sound like Shoot - it sounds like... well you get the picture. So I vowed he wouldn't hear that again from me. Unfortunately, I forgot again a couple more times and said Shoot and again heard the repeat of it. I have even heard him say it by himself when he can't do something he is trying - oops!!! Yikes!!!
Well, now that I know I live with a parrot, I am trying much harder to watch what I am saying and to correct what he has already learned. Sometimes it is crazy to know how much we are watched as parents. It overwhelms me sometimes to think how I have to watch everything I do and say all the time, but it also makes me want to be the best I can be.
1 comment:
Have fun with that!! Chad and I had to change our vocabulary when Carli was about that age too! Kids are great teachers, aren't they? :)
Post a Comment