Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Busy, busy boy...
It seems that Sean is doing so much these days, and I don't want to forget anything. He plays so well every day - by himself and with both me and Steve. He loves to play the piano and will sit at the piano for a good 1/2 hour or so every day and he won't play if I don't put a music book in front of him. He is even picky about the book I put in front of him and will usually choose something different every time. Right now he is "playing" Christmas Music and music from a level 3 lesson book! Today I thought he was yelling while playing the piano, but when I looked, he was just singing along with the music he was playing (very loudly).
Sean still loves Elmo and talks about him every day. If any of you have seen Elmo's World, there is a part where Elmo says "Now I have a questions fooorrr yoooouuuu!" And he sings the for you part while holding it out. Sean is starting to sing fooorr yoouuu throughout the day. He has also started talking to the Elmo in his books.
Here are some other things he is into:
-- He loves to go into the bathroom and play in the drawers. He also likes to unroll the toilet paper, and then rub the paper under his nose, like he is trying to blow it. I did take the opportunity to try and teach him and we are working on learning that skill.
-- He loves to wash his hands at the sink, but what he really loves is to just hold his hands out together and let the water run over them. If I let him, he will do this for several minutes. I have caught him with a chair up to the kitchen sink running his hands under the water.
-- He loves chocolate milk and to get the chocolate syrup from the fridge himself.
-- He is becoming a big boy and can climb up into his high chair to be ready for dinner. He can even click the straps together.
-- He loves to get into the front seats of both cars and we have to distract him from the Avalon every time we go somewhere. He gets very upset when we don't let him play in the car. When we do let him (after setting the emergency brake), he can play in there for a long time, just pretending to drive, and touching everything, including the locks (as he even locked himself into the car with our keys in he car! Good thing we had a spare key in the house).
-- He is a good sleeper at night and a funny one too. Many nights when we check him, he is completely covered by blankets, or he is sleeping on his stuffed bears or on a book he begged to take to bed, or on his sippy cup.
-- He is showing more interest in music - especially when I sing to him "Popcorn Popping", "The Wheels on the Bus", "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", any primary song - especially "I am a Child of God". He also loves to be bounced on your knees or spun around or flipped over (somersault). He loves to play "Ring around the Rosie" and will even turn around and sit down by himself if we sing.
-- He is becoming a real Daddy's boy. Every morning he runs into our room to look for Daddy, even though he is already gone to work. On the weekends, he loves to wake Daddy up by gently rubbing him and then climbing into bed with him. At church, when Daddy gets up to count attendance in Sacrament, Sean gets very upset and starts to cry and yell loudly - Dada. This last Sunday, I had to take him out because he wouldn't stop yelling. Steve helped blessed the Sacrament this past Sunday and during the Sacrament prayer, Sean recognized Daddy's voice and yelled out Dada.
-- Sean loves Nursery. When we take him to nursery, he tries to open the door himself and doesn't even look back to say good bye. His leaders tell us that he plays very well by himself most of the time and will join the group once in a while. He even knows where in the building the nursery room is, because we went to the church for tithing settlement and were waiting for the Bishop and he kept running down the hall to the nursery room and trying to go in and Steve kept having to bring a very unhappy kid back - only to have him escape again and run back to nursery.
-- Sean still loves to read books, but his newest thing is to grab my pointer finger in his hand and use my finger to point to everything in the book - he wants me to say what it is and he will then move my fingers. Sometimes he will point to pictures 3 or 4 times on each page before we turn the page. He will hold my finger while he turns pages also. The other thing he does while reading books with animals in them is to make the sounds of the animals as he turns each page - so all you see and hear are animal sounds and page turns. Pretty funny.
-- Sean is still learning to mind and to listen, but the one thing he does really well is to clean up his blocks, cars and books when you ask. When he puts them away he says "bye bye" to each one. So he may say "Bye Bye" many times before everything is put away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh that is so nice! I don't think I am going to decorate either and I am sad!
Post a Comment