Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Change is all around us...

Before we had kids it seemed that nothing changed - we didn't change, our lives rarely changed and when people would ask - What's new? We would say Nothing and mean it. Now it seems that change is happening all the time for us.

First, I have quit my job at Holiday Inn!!! Yeah! We decided it would be better for our family if I didn't work outside the home at this time. It seems I quit just in time to be home for Angel to get Bronchiolitis and for me to get sick (boy I can't wait for spring!). Beside enjoying not working for someone, I will be participating in a Relief Society production called "Whispers from the Dust". It is a program about Book of Mormon Women. I will be singing and playing the piano, along with having to memorize a small script before my song. That will be happening in April.

Second, Steve is starting his own business. He has talked about doing it for years, but never really knew how to start. In the past several months he has been talking with his brother-in-law Stephen about doing freelance work for his company and that has just started to fall into place so he said lets do it. He will start working with Stephen and see how that goes and try to work up to full time so he can quit his "Day job". Steve is very excited to get started and I love seeing him have some fire in his eyes for work after so long at a job that is going nowhere.

Third, we thought Angel was going to be leaving us to go to a family with biological siblings, and even though it was hard, we made our peace with his leaving. Then things changed and we found out we would still have him for a minimum of another couple months. We don't know what will happen, but we love having him. As we have not had him in our home for 90 days we have been able to declare our intent to adopt if he becomes available to adopt. This in no way guarantees that we can adopt him, and frankly, he odds are against us, but we felt that it would be wrong not to declare that we love him and would like to make him part of our family forever if given the option. So for now we will just take it a day at a time. We also ask for all of your prayers along with ours in this matter.

Fourth, Sean is just continuing to grow and grow. He will be 3 in two months and we can't believe how the time has flown. He is such a wonderful boy and is learning so fast, and he is also very good at the terrible two tantrums. So our day alternates between his sweet happy personality and his evil twin. Actually we call him Mr. Drama King - because whenever he is unhappy he starts to act out very dramatically. You have to see it to understand - very hard to describe. If I can ever get it on video, I will post it.

So life continues and brings us challenges and new opportunities for growth. We just hope and pray we can handle it and hang in for the ride.

No comments: