Friday, March 26, 2010

Emergency Exit....


Today we had took a trip to the Main Library in Grand Junction. We rarely ever go there, so when we do, Sean loves to explore. We met up with friends and visited for a couple of hours, while the kids played with the few toys and looked at books. Sean was really good - only exploring in the children's section of the library. He never tried to leave the library (which is what he used to do).

Well, after a couple of hours, when it was getting time to leave, we suddenly heard the fire alarm go off. I quickly looked for Sean and saw him running away from the emergency exit and cowering over by another girl with his hands on his ears. I quickly got to him and he was by now crying. I realized that he had set off the alarm by trying to get out the Emergency Exit. He was crying and saying sorry over and over again. I took him over to our things and passed several employees going to the door to get the alarm off. I apologized for Sean and they said it was OK. I suspect that this may have happened before, because the emergency exit is in the corner of the children's room. Security had to come over to reset the door, so it took a couple of minutes for the sound to stop and ever a few more minutes to calm Sean down.

All in all, Sean did great - helping me pick out books and videos, but I guess his curious nature can only be contained for so long. I don't think he will ever try to go out that door again!

1 comment:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

I love it! Nothing says "motherhood" like your kid setting off an alarm :)