Today I was working hard and I was thinking to myself - who is this woman and where did she come from? Let me explain, just a few short years ago, I was working full time, barely cooking, barely cleaning (well maybe that is still somewhat the same - haha) and pretty much doing nothing domestic. But here is what I have accomplished in two days: ground wheat, made one loaf of bread, and one batch of rolls, cooked a whole chicken with all the fixings, watered and harvested from my garden, three loads of laundry, two of which I hung on the line to dry, played with Sean, did 40 min of yoga and made dinner and cleaned up, and read my book for 20 minutes. As I was doing this I wondered how did I suddenly become so domestic? I guess just time and practice... and think I like it.

Lettuce and Spinach from the garden - grown in containers!

These really are baby carrots - I was just trying to thin out the carrots for more growth and we decided to try them - very yummy bite sized treats.

Thinned my onions so now have tons of green onions!

My first batch of homemade rolls - completely from scratch - boy were they yummy!!
2 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed! those veggies look so good! I think some of that stuff should rub off when I come over.
Nothing feels better than knowing you can be self-sufficient. Awsum stuff Val!!
Post a Comment