Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hey Old Lady...

Last week I celebrated a birthday and 5 days later we celebrated Steve's birthday. Every year as my birthday approaches, Steve thinks it is great fun to start teasing me about how old I am getting. Even though he is older than me by a year (we actually are the same age for 5 days) and we are not yet to the big "4-0", he still thinks its a hoot to go on and on and on about how old I am getting.

This year was no different, except that he decided to recruit Sean in on the fun by teaching him to say to me....."Hey, Old Lady..." I don't know whether to be offended or just laugh my head off. Actually I am still laughing as I write this - especially because when Sean says, Hey old lady - he says it slowly and with a drawl.

For about a week before my birthday and even a few days after I would hear "Hey, Old Lady" whenever I walked into the room - I would try not to laugh, but I just couldn't help it. Then Sean pretty much stopped, until tonight. During prayer he said something, which I didn't really understand (we are still working with Sean to be quiet during prayers). After the amens, Steve started laughing and asked if I heard what Sean said. I said no and he informed me that while I was praying, Sean said, out of the blue - Hey Old Lady.... Good thing I didn't understand him, or I would have been laughing during the prayer. Well, I may be getting older and to Sean I might really seem like an old lady, but at least I still have my sense of humor!!

2 comments:

Jocie said...

That is hilarious! How could you not enjoy getting older with that one around? And Happy Birthday too. I did think of you, but thats as far as it got. Hope it was fun!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Hey Old Lady...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)