I want to write down my feelings about adoption as I have been pondering them. Adoption has changed my life. Without adoption, I would not be a mom. Without adoption, I would not have the experience of getting to know, to teach and to love Sean. Without adoption, we will not be able to have more children. Adoption is not easy. For the birthmother and father is it the hardest and most loving decision they choose to make. For adoptive couples, it is the hardest, longest wait for that special child.
When I got married, I did not say - "Let's adopt". In fact, it never crossed my mind. Steve and I were led to adoption through a difficult path. Yet 3 1/2 years after we were blessed with Sean, I have to say, I am glad we came this road. I will be forever grateful for Sean's birthmother and birthfather and their families. I know their decision was not easy, but their love for Sean made it possible for him to become part of our family.
Because of adoption, I get less sleep, my house is messier and I am always picking up. But because of adoption, I wake up in the morning to a little voice calling out "Wake up! It's Daytime!". Because of adoption, I get lots of little hugs and kisses. Because of adoption, I find myself laughing more and playing more. Because of adoption, the hole in my heart was healed. Because of adoption....I am a Mom.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment