Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am Thankful...

I have been wanting to start some traditions in our family for the holidays and we started with Thanksgiving. For family home evening at the start of the month, we made a paper chain with enough chains for each day from Nov 1 to Thanksgiving (25 this year). On each chain we wrote something we were grateful for. We even included things like toys - for Sean. Then each night we tear one down and give extra thanks for that item in our family prayer. It is wonderful to think of the things we are grateful for all through the month and to also to be aware of things that we don't usually think of. We will finish our chain on Thanksgiving, which will bring a nice ending to our month of Thanks. I hope that by doing this we will become more aware of our blessings and be more grateful each day for those blessings.

1 comment:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Super cute idea!! You are such a good mom :) ps-good to see you at trick or treat street!