Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam

I can hardly believe it, but Sean is a Sunbeam at church! It seems like just yesterday he was a baby and now he is in primary as a Sunbeam! In the months that lead up to January, we would talk to him about being a Sunbeam, teach him the song and let him know he is going to be in the big primary. He was very reluctant to leave nursery and our ward did such a great job in preparing the kids for primary. For about 1-2 months, they would take the soon to be Sunbeams out of nursery to a class room for a 10 minute lesson where they had to sit in chairs. Then they had a "graduation" of sorts from Nursery and gave each child their own Sunbeam crown. So now it has been about 1 1/2 months since Sean has been a Sunbeam and I will admit, that he didn't go willingly at first. But each week he does better and better. He does pretty well in class, though his teacher says that he won't stay in his chair the entire time, but she recognizes when to let him wander the class and when to bring him back to his chair. Probably the most difficult part has been sharing/singing time. It may not help that I am a teacher in primary in the Jr. Primary so I am in there the entire time he is. Sean won't stay in his chair. Sometimes he wants to look at things at the front. Today, while everyone was singing "I Love to See the Temple" I saw him standing up at the front dancing in a circle while I think he was singing along (he loves that song and knows it well). Then he sees me and wants to come back to me. Well, each week does get better so maybe I need to practice with him during the week to sit while having singing time (right now they leave for Sharing time). And despite the challenge of getting him to sit still, I know he loves primary and can't wait each week to leave the chapel to go to primary. At any rate, it sure is fun to sit in the back of the room and watch my "big boy" as a Sunbeam. I will try to enjoy every minute of it, because before I know it, I will blink and he will be getting baptized!


Our Sunbeam!


Mommy and her Sunbeam!


I just had to include a picture of Sean's true self - what he would rather be doing while we try to get a picture of him!!!!

1 comment:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

That is crazy! How did he get so big?! It's been a while since we've seen you...hope all is going well! Congrats on the newest addition! He's a cutie!!