Sunday, January 11, 2009

Early Morning Church - love it or hate it.

I don't know about all of you, but I love going to church at 9 a.m. Sure you don't get to sleep in (but I never really could with later church either), but you get to nap. And best of all Sean gets to nap too and 9-10 a.m. is his best time of day -right during Sacrament meeting. Already with two Sundays down, our Sacrament meeting experience has improved so much. I have been able to work with Sean to stay quiet and reverent during the passing of the sacrament. Plus I noticed that sacrament meeting in general is calmer - probably all of those happy kids that were are not being kept awake during naps. So I look forward to this new year with 9 am church. So what about all of you - do you love or hate early morning church?

3 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

I have mixed emotions...it's nice to come home and take a nap (kids included), but I HATE getting up early! We just moved from 9am to 11am and sacrament mtg was MUCH louder. You just might be right about 9am being better!

Hannah said...

Hi Aunt Val,
I don't know if I like early morning church or afternoon church better. Mom and dad like morning church better though.
Hannah

Jocie said...

I like morning, but I hate getting up early. And it didn't make a difference for Rome because it was still nap time so he is a cranky baby anyway.