Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Going Green...or solar...or just being cheap....

I decided to follow the example of my former neighbor (who just moved) and put a clothes line up in my back yard. I thought this could save on my energy bill, and keep the house cooler in the summer. So I dried my first load of towels outside and got them off the line just in time before the wind picked up. I actually think they dried faster on the line than in the dryer!! It was actually fun to dry the "Old Fashioned Way". I hate to say I am "Going Green", so I am going to say - "Going Solar"!




1 comment:

Jen said...

I love to hang my clothes outside to dry. Especially sheets and towels. When they're done, you can throw them in the dryer for 5 min just to soften them up...and they smell so good!