Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween

My kids love Halloween.  But then, who's kids don't?  They talked for weeks about their costumes.  Sean staying a Ninja the entire time and Ryan changing his mind along the way to become a pirate. Sadly the morning of Halloween arrived and Ryan had a cold and didn't feel good.  I tried to get him to nap, thinking that would help and he may still want to trick or treat, but no, he wouldn't nap.  And he didn't want to go trick or treating. I was Ok with that.  Grandma Gail came over after working in the Mesa Arizona temple and brought candy to hand out.  Steve had an early shift and he came home and took Sean trick or treating, while Ryan went to bed early.  I didn't even get a picture of him in a costume, and now the moment is past and I probably won't.  That makes me a little sad, because the costume we have probably won't fit him next year.

Sean had a great time out with his dad, and only went around the block as he tires quickly and doesn't like to walk much, but he was satisfied with his candy haul and I am so pleased that the next day he did not even blink an eye as he divided up his candy with his brother!  After trick or treating, Sean helped Grandma and me hand out candy.  We didn't have many kids this year, but they were sure fun. My favorite door comment was from a cute little kid who peered into our house and asked (while the other kids said trick or treat), "Where's the dog?"  I was informed from his mom at the sidewalk that most of the houses they had been to that night had dogs!  My other favorite door response was when these two cute little twin princesses came to the door and got so excited about our candy.  One reached into the bowl to help herself and got so excited about Gobstoppers.  She rand and showed her mom and then ran back to us and said I love these!  What are they?  When we told her Gobstoppers, she suddenly got so sad and said, Ohh, we can't have these! - in the saddest voice.  It was so cute!




Ryan's Pumpkin

Sean's Pumpkin

No comments: